Understanding leadership and management
This CACHE endorsed short course explores leadership and management in an early years setting. Consider a variety of leadership styles and the importance of communication. Learn how to deal with conflict in a way that leads to successful resolution and understand your role and responsibility as a manager. You do not need to be working in a managerial role to complete this course but should be working as a member of a childcare setting team.
- You will learn about the roles and responsibilities of those in leadership and management roles
- You will learn what a leader does and give consideration to what type of leader you are or might want to become
- You will learn about different leadership styles and the importance of adopting different styles for different situations
Advantages of this course
- This course looks at the challenges facing those in a leadership position and offers an introduction to the different leadership styles. It also includes leadership skills, such as the importance of communicating when leading a team.
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 6-10 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes